Committee meeting jottings (key points from meetings)Steve Homer2019-06-28T17:10:57+00:00
Committee meeting 17th May
1. 10 and 25 miles Time Trials – lack of volunteers and club riders doing the open and club events was discussed. Club events have very poor turn out, more marshals than riders.
HCC need to look at the merit in providing a club series and any future series is in jeopardy. The open time trials that the club put on may also be in the balance due to the lack of support from club members.
2. Strava groups ~ currently there are two, one managed by Andy Brennan (old & disjointed) and the other managed by Kevin Hawkey (new & club members only). Discussion of consolidation into a single group.
HCC need to bring everything into line (DONE, Old one deleted, new HCC strava group only open to club members)
3. AOB – Proposal to move to direct ordering of kit from Halo using their web-link alongside the usual bulk ordering. This will allow members to order kit when they want it and pay the full amount directly to Halo, but it will work out more expensive than the usual option.
Short Committee mtg 1st March
Brief meeting to discuss Cyclocross later in the year.
It was decided the club will not promote the usual Houghton Feast Cyclocross later this year (late September), this is due to 2 main reasons.
The Houghton feast dates coincide with the World Road Championships in Yorkshire and most people (riders/spectators) will be drawn to these events.
The workload of the cyclocross event is becoming more demanding and younger members really need to step forward to ensure this event continues in 2020 and beyond, note this workload occurs prior to and after the event in arranging/transporting staking and barriers in conjunction with CXNE so it is not just a one-day commitment.
Committee meeting items 15th February
Committee Mtg summary
General discussion with Katherine Knox British Cycling rep’, items were how the club can engage with “LetsRide”/”Ride Social”/”Breeze” – British Cycling defined rides, to expand Houghton CC activities. Further activities will be advised when more concrete.
Committee Meeting 1st February
Summary of items
Club 10 mile TT will run 8th May -10 July 2019, 19:30 Wednesdays on the usual M1010B course with impromptu HQ at council “lay-by” opposite side to finish.
Obviously this will need good support from the membership for marshalling duties, A rota will be created at a later date for volunteers. Minimum of 5 event results is required to qualify for any Men/Women/Vets club 10 TT trophy. To win any of these trophies the rider must volunteer to undertake at least one marshalling duty (as previous years) but committee has recognised for shift workers a substitute may be allowed with prior notification.
British Cycling representative to attend next committee mtg to discuss arrangements of “Lets-Ride” activities
Future committee mtgs will discuss award and trophies and how to adjust them to encourage more members to race, please contact any member of the committee with your thoughts i.e. more awards for improvement, more Vets awards to be based on Standard times, etc.
Next Committee mtg – 15th February
Committee meeting 16th January 2019
Action to progress “Lets Ride” activities (Re- BC activities from previous meeting) shall be to contact Katherine Knox, BC Recreational Officer.
Action by Ian Sime (Done – Ed’)
2. Discussion on various aspects of Club Kit, to be continued, but members are urged to study website site information (updated) and view current samples held by Eddie McGourley & Carl Hackles.
3. Mileater competition will not be organised in 2019, Note – only 7 members fully partook in 2018, it was decided to change to usage of the mileater trophy (tba) at a later date. Note – Members are reminded mileage can be inputted and studied within Strava (free to join) where HCC has a club presence (link within this website at bottom of page) – Ed’
4. Committee meeting agreed that meetings shall be more frequent but shorter in 2019
Next Mtg early February.
Committee meeting items 10/12/18
Committee Meeting Summary 10th December 2018
1. Main topic was a discussion with Jack Rees, a BC regional officer.
Jack was very positive about the club and essentially we are doing all the right things, Jack highlighted the BC “Lets Ride” programme as a item to encourage newer members and also to be mindful to improve communications with all club groups. Committee will work on these points
2. Member’s Feedback response
Presidents ride, Club TT programme and Reliability ride, all to be reviewed and tweaked to improve formats for the benefit of members
3. Website – committee meetings
Request for committee mtg bullet points to be published on website, agreed (& DONE)
4. AOB- Review of current membership, 132 members with average age in mid 50’s with unfortunately few members actually competing, committee aware of these item (items 1 and 2 above will hopefully assist)
5. Next mtg early January 2019 – If any thoughts/ideas please contact the committee, see Contacts in this website or face 2 face.